Young kids get “tickled” over an Elmo or Sesame Street birthday party and decorating for the party is as easy as A,B, C and 1, 2, 3.
1. Go through your child’s plush animals and books and pull out everything Sesame Street. Tuck Sesame Street characters around the room and stand books up as fun and easy decorations for the food table.
2. The Sesame Street website has a wonderful collection of free printables that you can use to decorate for your Elmo party including letter printables that can be used to make a birthday banner with your birthday boy’s or girl’s name.
3. Since Sesame Street is all about bold primary colors you can do a fun and simple science experiment with your child and create a pretty party centerpiece at the same time. Purchase a bouquet of white carnations. Separate into four different cups of water. Add drops of red, blue and yellow food coloring into three of the cups and add blue and yellow into the fourth cup to make green. Over night your child can watch the white carnations turn into a rainbow of colors. Arrange the flowers together for a centerpiece for the party.
4. Since letter blocks are part of the logo for Sesame Street, it’s fun to create your child’s name from letter blocks to decorate a table or even the cake for an Elmo party.
5. The Sesame Street website also has free printables featuring numbers one through twenty. Print out your child’s age and make a welcome sign for your party guests.