Calling all Portal Masters! There’s a brand new game in town and it’s going to really test your ability to use your imagination. Skylanders Imagintors launches Oct. 16, 2016.
The 90s hero Crash Bandicoot and his arch-nemesis Dr. Neo Cortex will join the Skylanders Imaginators lineup of Sensei characters as fully-playable toys. Announced last month, the game will feature a Crash level, Thumpin’ Wampa Islands, which pays homage to the original Crash and includes the classic TNT boxes, crabs, hazards, temple ruins, Wumpa Fruit, exploding fruit and more. Super Bowl Champion and Crash super fan, Emmanuel Sanders was one of the first to play the new level! The level will be available on the PS3 and PS4 starter packs at launch and will be released in a special Adventure Pack for all platforms later this year.
Enjoy this video celebrating two decades of Crash Bandicoot!
Skylanders Imaginators offers two fun ways to play:
• Create your own Imaginators with inifinte options using Creation Crystals
• Collect Sensei characters to level up your Imaginators and blow enemies away with powerful Sky Chi attacks
Key Features of Skylanders Imaginators
• Create your own Skylander – For the first time, fans can bring their imaginations to life and create their own Skylanders called Skylanders Imaginators. With endless creation options of powers, abilities, catchphrases, appearance and much more, kids can build their very own creations from their imaginations, or use the randomize feature to allow the game to choose parts for them.
• Creation Crystal – Skylanders Imaginators introduces a new toy type — a Creation Crystal. This vessel allows players to create and transport their unique Skylanders to consoles at anytime, anywhere! Creation Crystals are elementally aligned. Portal Masters can create one character per Creation Crystal.
• Meet the Senseis – The Skylanders franchise continues to offer engaging characters that kids love to discover as they play the game. Skylanders Imaginators introduces new guest stars to Skylanders called Senseis. Skylanders Senseis include 20 new characters and 11 former villains, including Kaos and the return of Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Neo Cortex.
Each Sensei is a master of one of 10 powerful Battle Classes (e.g., Knight, Sorcerer, Brawler and more). Being the master of these Battle Classes, only Senseis have the ability to unleash Sky-Chi – the ultimate Battle Class super move. Skylanders Senseis have a master-to-apprentice relationship with newly created Imaginator Skylanders. This is supported in-game through the Sensei unlocking of unique Imaginator weapons, the increase of Imaginator level caps, providing access to special areas in the game, as well as the unlocking of new Secret Techniques for Imaginators of the same class.
• New Storyline and Gameplay – Skylanders Imaginators features an all-new adventure-filled, comedic and charming story with fun new characters, as well as returning franchise favorites. The game delivers a diverse and dynamic story-driven gameplay experience, focused on the magic of sparking imagination, inspiration and excitement of kids as they create their own superheroes – all set within a variety of compelling new environments.
Additionally, Skylanders Imaginators will support local co-op multiplayer. Players can place two Creation Crystals or two toys or a combination of the Crystals and toys on the Portal of Power to maximize the fun!
• Crash Bandicoot – An all-new Crash Bandicoot-inspired level — Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands — is steeped in nostalgic Crash gameplay. Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands is packed with TNT boxes, crabs, hazards, temple ruins, Wumpa Fruit, exploding crates and more. It also includes special Crash Zones that bring back the classic massive boulder chases from the original Crash games.
The Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands level will be available to players who purchase the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack featuring Crash Bandicoot for PlayStation consoles at launch. The level will then become available to all platforms via purchase of the Skylanders Imaginators Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands Adventure pack this holiday.
• Returning Core Characters – Skylanders Imaginators also will feature fan-favorite characters, such as Spyro, Stealth Elf, Jet-Vac and Eruptor who make an appearance in the storyline of the game.
It’s just in time for early holiday shopping! Pick one up now for under the tree.