Just the other day a friend messaged me, “When do you think Sleeping Beauty will come out on Blu-ray?” My response was in the Fall, after all we need the summer to enjoy Maleficent! It’s nice to see my guess what right on track!
Sleeping Beauty awakens for the first time on Diamond Edition Blu-ray, Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on October 7th! All-new Diamond Edition special features, never-before-seen deleted scenes and characters make this a must-own for every family’s classic collection!
The Ultimate Disney Princess Fairytale Classic Returns For A Limited Time!
So what will our 2-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray Superset (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) have on it?
- Digitally restored picture and sound, a digital copy of the film, and
- A variety of magical new bonus features, including “Once Upon A Parade,” in which “Modern Family” star Sarah Hyland tells us the tale of Walt Disney World’s new Festival Of Fantasy Parade, “Art of Evil: Generations Of Disney Villains,” a legacy piece spotlighting Disney’s favorite villain animator and Maleficent creator Marc Davis, and “@DisneyAnimation: Artists in Motion,” in which Walt Disney Animation Visual Development artist Brittney Lee goes through the process of creating a three dimensional sculpture of Maleficent, completely out of paper.
- Never-before-seen deleted scenes “The Fair” (with Deleted Character The Vulture,) “The Curse is Fulfilled” and “Arrival Of Maleficent,”
- The Beauty-Oke sing-along to “Once Upon A Dream.”
- The Blu-ray Superset also includes classic DVD bonus features and more!
Official story . . .
“Sleeping Beauty” tells the wondrous tale of a princess cursed by an evil fairy, protected by three loving fairies and, ultimately, saved by “true love’s kiss.” Featuring the voice talents of renowned opera singer Mary Costa as Sleeping Beauty and Disney stalwart Eleanor Audley as the evil fairy, Maleficent, the film’s vibrant visuals were created by a team that included Milt Kahl and Ollie Johnston, two of Disney’s legendary Nine Old Men and an Academy Award®-nominated score, 1959, adapted from the incandescent music of Peter Tchaikovsky. “Sleeping Beauty” is the sixteenth animated feature in the Disney animated features canon and was the last animated feature produced by Walt Disney to be based upon a fairy tale. It is the tenth film released as part of Disney’s prestigious Blu-ray Diamond Collection.