Five Fun Facts about Zootopia
Zootopia hits theaters everywhere March 4, 2016. In the meantime learn more about this entertaining animated adventure with these five fun facts and featured printable.
- There are 64 unique species in Zootopia and most species are unique in topology: elephants have trunks, pigs have snouts; some animals have hooves, some have paws; some have three fingers, some have two.
- Advances in technology allowed filmmakers to trim the fur that fell beneath clothing so that the garments hung correctly. Previously, hairs that intersected with an item of clothing—like Bolt’s collar—had to be plucked one by one, which would have been an impossible feat in a film like “Zootopia.”
- Nathan Warner, director of cinematography-layout, got a pat on the back from a real-life cheetah during their research trip to Africa. The rescued animal that caretakers had introduced to the filmmakers seemingly took offense to the camera Warner carried and leapt up to let him know Both filmmaker and cat were just fine following the event.
- In an effort to bolster the animal-feel, artists added bits of debris—hay, leaves, sticks—in the coats of animals like the big sheep and Yax the Yak.
- Artists were inspired by Mufasa from Disney’s classic film “The Lion King” when creating the look of Mayor Lionheart.
ZOOTOPIA opens in theatres everywhere on March 4th!
Pick up your tickets to Zootopia on Fandango and skip the lines at the ticket counter.